Tuesday, March 1, 2011

27 Weeks

Today I turn 27 weeks....Baby Lew is approx 14 inches long with his legs extended and weighs about 2 lbs - the weight of a head of cauliflower.  My weekly updates tell me that at this point he's sleeping and waking at regular intervals and opening and closing his eyes.  His brain tissue continues to develop and is very active now.  I was just thinking the other day as I was feeling him kicking a lot that I wonder if he's bored since he's all cooped up in there - I mean I would be! :)  His lungs are still immature, but they would be capable of functioning - with a lot of medical help, of course - if he were to be born right now. 

Feeling really great still - only thing I've noticed lately is that my feet keep cramping up at night.  I've read that leg cramps are common, but I must be getting them in my feet instead. 

Here's a pic I took quick before work this morning.  Sorry about the quality of this picture - the mirror and my flash were not compatible and I didn't have time to figure out how to fix it :) 


1 comment: