Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Entering Tri-3!!

My baby update emails and books tell me Week 28 is the start of the third trimester - not sure who determined this, but they apparently have some math issues!  2/3 of 40 does not equal 28 - someone needs to be audited. :)  Regardless, I'm really excited to be on the homestretch.  Not because I haven't been enjoying or having an easy pregnancy, but for the fact that we are just so dang excited and anxious to meet Baby Lew. 

This past weekend we started in on the search for child care and interviewed a potential provider.  Turns out her daughter goes to NW and she is a huge A&G fan....extra points for her! :)  Problem is she's not sure whether she'll have availability or not, so we're going to interview some others as well.  Between starting in on seriously thinking about childcare & getting the news that Cody's truck is about to bite it, we decided we couldn't put off the dreaded financial talk.  For some reason, it always puts us both in bad mood.

So last night we sat down and sorted through everything and tried to figure out where we could trim things out of the budget and where we could fit in a car payment and childcare....sigh.....sigh again.  I'm praying it will all work out, and I have faith that it will, but dang - this was the first time reality really sunk in about just how different things are going to be.  Different financially, but on the other hand, I already know that all of the joy the baby will bring will be more than worth it. 

My nesting instincts are kicking in, I think.  I spent a good majority of last weekend cleaning out and organizing closets.  When we moved into our house 2 years ago, my mom told me not to put boxes into the closets without unpacking them b/c I'd forget about them and she was right!  2 years later, I'm finally organizing them. 

After last week's picture, I was scolded for making it look like I didn't have a husband who would take a decent belly picture for me.  So last night, Cody got out the new camera and snapped a couple.  This is me after our money talk, pretending like I'm in a good mood :)


2 comments:

  1. I love your updates! You cracked me up several times. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! and for someone who is having such a hard time with maternity clothing, you always look fab & stylish! miss you honey. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete