Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catch up

Oopsy, I fell a little behind the past couple weeks.  Saturday March 12th we decided to have a dinner date at a restaurant I'd read some good reviews about up in Platte City....Shields Manor Bistro.  The restaurant is in an old, Victorian style house and had about 10 tables in it - locally owned, very quaint - right up my alley.  The bad news is that's about where the excitement stopped.  The good news is we were both in really good moods and were able to laugh off everything from the frazzled server spinning in a circle right next to our table b/c she couldn't decide what to do next, the frozen vegetable medley that was part of a $36 entree (and was mush to top it off), the wine served with ice cubes (ok, it was sparkling grape juice - but still - who wants ice cubes in it?), and the cool antique silverware that seriously would've been really cool if it had been polished - but Cody literally thought his spoon might've just been dug up out of the backyard.  Shoot.  Anyway, here's a pic from the night:



Last week, I turned 29 Weeks and am happy to report that I was still able to paint my own toenails.  Not sure how much longer that's going to work out for me.  It's going to be really rough when I have to actually go get a pedicure :)  29 Week pic:



This past weekend, March 19th, my sister and I headed back to B-town for my cousin Kim's baby shower.  So fun that we're due only 5 days apart with our first babies.  Baby Elise got some great stuff at the shower!    


And finally, today marks the start of Week 30!  Can't believe we're into the 30's now...it's really going to fly by!  We had a lady from the school district's "Parents as Teachers" program come out to our house tonight to meet us and to get us informed on the program.  It's basically a program to make sure the child is meeting developmental milestones, give parents ideas for learning activities, etc.  She'll come every other month from the time he's born til age 3. 

Tomorrow morning I have another OB appt - I'm anxious to ask him about the weird redness I've noticed on one of my ankles.  It's not swollen or anything, just kind of looks almost like spider veins maybe?  But just really really bright red.  Yikes.  Then tomorrow night we have a baptism prep class at church and once complete, we can schedule Baby Lew's baptism.  Lots of baby stuff going on! 

Here's a picture at week 30:


1 comment:

  1. PAT is an awesome program! You're lucky you'll get so many visits! We started last year and have only had 2 visits this year. They cut funding in our school district. :( I'm so happy you're feeling well and looking great!

    ReplyDelete