Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 23 Musings

Today I start week 23...I've been feeling little Lew moving for the past couple weeks and on Sunday morning, Cody and I could even see him squirming from the outside.  We were looking at my belly and we'd all of a sudden just see this little poke - so crazy!  It made us laugh in amazement every time. 

We keep talking about how we wonder what he's going to look like.  I could wonder about that for hours.  I stare down at my belly a lot and get lost in thought rubbing my tummy and trying to envision him.  For some reason I feel like if I rub my belly, I'm somehow comforting and mothering him. 

It's hard to know how to picture the baby, but as far as how big I imagine he'll be, well....Cody weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 6 oz when he was born, and I was 8 lbs 2 oz....so I'm thinking we're destined for a big baby. 

I feel like ever since I first started feeling him move, things have really sunk in that I'm really pregnant.  Not that I didn't believe it before, but since I've been feeling great and not showing a whole lot until the last couple weeks, I just didn't feel that different until I felt him moving.  I was just telling some friends how things can be going badly at work or I'm grumpy about something, and then I feel our baby kick and it just makes me happy again.  I think the baby has just helped put things into perspective better.  Something I mght've stewed over all day in the past, I can brush off a lot easier it seems.  It's like there's this new level of importance I've discovered that work can't touch. 

I must say that I'm pretty much feeling like being pregnant is awesome!!!  (ask me again when I'm as big as a house and we'll see what I say :) )

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! This post made me teary eyed--- you are such a great Mom already!! What a lucky Little Lew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it sooo fun to feel that life of it's own push and jab little love pokes at you??? ditto to Bear and the teary eyes! you'll be a fabulous mother.....you had a GREAT teacher! as far as perspective.....isn't life pretty much like that??!! x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete