Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Maybe We Should Name him Lennox Lewis??

....after all, it seems that he's already an excellent boxer!  YES!!!!  That's right - I finally felt him move!  I recognized it for the first time a couple Fridays ago - Jan 14th (about 10:30 a.m. to be exact).  I was sitting at my desk at work and almost screamed from my cube!  I text Cody right away and sat there really still just waiting to feel the next one.  It was a pretty unproductive 30 minutes or so until I got over the shock.  And even still I have to force myself to focus on work when I feel him punching and kicking.

Ever since then, I've been feeling his little jabs consistently and I absolutely love it.  (Ok, so really it just feels like little pokes.)  For the first week, he didn't seem to be moving much in the evenings, so Cody wasn't ever around to feel him when he was active.  But this past Sunday night, we were sitting in the big chair watching a movie, and after I ate some popcorn Baby Lew got a little fiesty and Cody was able to feel him moving!  (I'm wondering if he's taking after me and was jumping up and down really excited about the popcorn, or if he was taking after Cody who hates popcorn and was trying to tell me I better not ever eat that stuff again.)  But anyway, he was really on the move in there, and I don't think I'll ever forget the look of amazement on Cody's face.  What a fantastic moment! 

Today marks the start of Week 22 - Baby Lew is approximately a pound now and the length of a spaghetti squash - about the height of our medium canister, Cody tells me :)  I am feeling great and continuing to grow.  Here's a picture taken tonight:

4 comments:

  1. You look great Amy! That little bump it adorable. So happy that you are feeling his movements-that makes it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great!! Just wait till 9 months when you can lay on your back and literally watch him stick his hands/arms/head/anything out! It's awesome and definitely what I miss the most. Enjoy all the movements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! you look so pretty mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Can't wait to see you in person. Just wait until he starts kicking your bladder....hahaha!

    ReplyDelete