Monday, February 14, 2011

Savoring our QT

The past few weekends have been fairly uneventful in the Lewis house, but I've been really enjoying being able to savor this quality time with Cody.  Last weekend we had lunch dates on both Sat & Sun and tried new restaurants and were able to just linger and chat and enjoy the time together.  We've been running our errands together, shopping together, taking naps together, and doing even the most unexciting things like driving through the car wash together.  Cody's been making yummy breakfasts on the weekend mornings and it's been so nice to just spend leisurely time at home together.  I decided I do like one thing about winter time - it's slower for Cody with work so he's around on the weekends. 

This past weekend, we watched 4 movies! 
  • Friday night - ok, technically Cody watched it while I snuggled up to him in the big chair and slept through it.  Can't remember name.
  • Saturday day - Boyz In Da Hood....haha, yes, random.  I'd never seen it and Cody wouldn't hear of me going without seeing it, so we watched it.  Not bad, not bad.
  • Saturday night - went and saw Black Swan.  Afterwards, Cody declared it my Valentine's Day gift that he suffered through it.  I shouldn't have told him there was barely any ballet in it - turns out that was definitely not the case.  Oops!
  • Sunday - saw No Strings attached with my sis b/c our husbands are anti rom-com (as far as rom-com's go, they actually would've liked this one)
  • Sunday night - The Fabulous Baker Boys.  I'd never heard of this, but we googled Valentine's Day movies and this came up.  It's an old Jeff Bridges & Michelle Pfeiffer movie from the 80s and it was good!!
I should probably feel a little guilty about how lazy we've been the past couple weekends, but I just kind of feel like we need to take advantage of the fact that we have the ability to be as lazy as we want right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment