Thursday, August 4, 2011

He did it, he did it!!!!

Daniel slept through the night last night!! I fed him around 9 and we put him to bed and then he didn't wake up until 5 a.m.!!  That's about exactly what I need him to do when I start back to work on Monday - I need to feed him from 5:30-6:00a before I leave for work, so if we can stay on this schedule, we'll be golden.

I've been focusing on feeding him every 4 hours during the day, versus letting him sleep however long he wants.  Because a lot of times he'd sleep long enough to put him 5 hours out from his last feeding.  So I've been waking him up from his nap to feed him sometimes, but my thinking was that if he got an extra feeding in during the day then maybe he could go longer at night.  And I was also hoping that adding some structure to his day would somehow lend to longer stretches of sleep at night.  Who knows what the cause of his overnight sleep is, but I'll take it.  And praying this wasn't just a fluke.

Awhile back I blogged that he had gone 6 hours between feedings, which was true, however I'd fed him at 7 p.m., so 6 hours had him waking up in the middle of the night still.  And then he seemed to wake up every 2 hours after that. 

I mentioned going back to work.....this Monday, August 8th is the dreaded day.  Seriously have a pit in my stomach and start to get teary if I think too hard about it.  I feel like he's not only my child, but he's become my little buddy and my companion, and I'm going to miss hanging out with him as well as miss loving on him all day.  He's virtually the only person I talked to all day for the last 12 weeks, so I kind of feel like I'm losing a friend sort of.  What a bummer.  I think there is one more lottery drawing before Monday, so there's still a chance :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope going back to work went well. Thinking about you. :)

    ReplyDelete