Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2 Month Update & Pics

12 lb, 9 oz 
23" long

On July 16th, Daniel turned 2 months old.  Cannot believe how fast 2 months can pass a person by.  Sigh.  Month 2 was a much busier month for us, we were on the go a lot more, and I took Daniel out a lot more to run errands with me.  A quick run to target turns into a much bigger production when you have to get the car seat in and out, get it snapped onto the shopping cart just right, etc.   I don't mind lugging his car seat around though.  For one, it's more time we have together.  For two, it's a great workout! 

A couple items from this month:
  • At Daniel's 2 month well check yesterday, we had to get our first set of shots.  He had one great big, red faced cry (the kind where he doesn't breathe for awhile before the scream comes out, where you just brace yourself bc you can see how big of a scream it's going to be) but then it was over and I could scoop him up and comfort him, so he calmed down right away.  Good things, b/c I was about to lose it right along with him.  He was a little fussier than normal yesterday after the shots, and the Baby Tylenol kept making him throw up, but other than that he didn't have too much of a reaction to the shots.
  • Other comments from Dr. Hartman were that he has a great shaped head (yay!) that he's growing great and gaining weight like a champ - so much so that she said I need to start pushing him at night to fall back asleep instead of jumping to feed him when he starts stirring.
  • He's gotten to where he does a 5 hour stretch of sleep at night, and then wakes up every 2 hours or so after that.  Problem is that he starts his 5 hour stretch at 7 or 8 p.m., we need to work on moving that back a couple hours and then I think we'd only be waking up once in the night to feed.  By 2 months of age, almost 50% of infants will sleep up to 6 hours...Daniel has done this 3 times, but usually it's more along the lines of 4-5 hours. 
  • He's found his fists and he has started sucking on them, it's pretty darn cute.
  • His hair is looking pretty coppery in the right light.  (Maybe all those Lewis grand babies will be red heads!) He's getting more hair, but still has the most at the back of his head, by his neck.
  • We've been able to get him to smile on command within the last week or two.  Such a treat!! Love it!!  It's not always that he'll do it, but if he's content with a full belly, it's usually pretty easy to get some big smiles.  
  • He LOVES watching his crib mobile.  The dang thing only lasts about 60 seconds before it needs to be cranked up again, my only complaint.  I have to admit, he hasn't slept much in his crib, but over the next couple weeks my goal is to get him transitioned.  So far he's been starting out in his pack n play bassinet in our room, then when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, I usually nurse him laying down and we both fall asleep that way and he usually stays in our bed til morning.  I really really love sleeping with him, it's going to be sad to keep him in his crib all night, but I know I need to do that before he gets too much older and the transition becomes harder.  Plus, we have to provide our sitter his pack n play, so we won't have that in our room any longer after I go back to work on Aug 8.
A few pics from Month 2:

On Father's Day, June 19, we got some professional pics taken, was a train themed shoot.  Here are some of my favorites:








On a fussy afternoon, we needed the drier to calm us down, 6.21.11:

Daddy's purchase for Daniel's wardrobe, 6.27.11:


Having a good dream, 6.28.11:

Meeting cousins Ava & Gavin for the first time!!! 6.29-30.11:


Snoozing with Dad, 7.1.11:

Daniel's first trip to the Ozarks, 7.2.11:


Shopping with Mommy includes diaper changes in the trunk! 7.7.11:

 Visit with Great Grandma Meyer in Beatrice, 7.10.11:

 Big boy!!  7.16.11:

Hey, these shoes aren't for me!  This is boring, I'll just go to sleep.  7.21.11:


2 comments:

  1. Love it sis!! You are my favorite blogger :) Maybe I'm biased b/c of the subject matter! But, really, loved seeing all the pics and reliving the last month! I love my nephew more and more each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...1) I'm posting behind both of you on each others blogs :) 2) He's so stinking cute Amy!!
    Your boys are going to be just as close as you two are. What a special gift!!! I'm so excited for both of you.

    ReplyDelete