Saturday, July 23, 2011

Exciting Day

Today (in just a few short hours) we get to find out if Baby Altenhofen is a baby boy or baby girl!!  So excited I can't hardly stand it.  Cody thinks girl, I am going with boy. 

Sarah and Patrick found out yesterday morning at 9:00 and I thought surely between then and now I could get the news out of her.  She's the worst with secrets, so I was pretty confident that I could break her down. Plus, being the older sister, I have always been able to get her to give in (i.e., as little girls our bedrooms were right next to each other and at bedtime if I thought of something to tell her I'd yell for her to come to my room, but she would say no, that I should come to her room.  And we'd go back and forth a few times until I would say in a really taunting way that I guess she'll never know what I wanted to tell her.  That suspense always got her out of bed and kept me tucked snugly in my own.)  But this time, there was nothing I could threaten that would get her to tell me.  She wanted to borrow a dress, so I said not unless you tell me the gender.  She wanted to borrow a fan, not unless you tell me the gender I said.  (of course she can still borrow the dress and fan)  Yesterday she even stopped answering my text messages and phone calls!!  Well, this is the first time in my entire life that I couldn't get my sister to do what I wanted.  I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in myself.  Just kidding.  :)

S&P have something planned to reveal the baby's gender to all of the immediate family at 1:00 today.  Then later this afternoon, they are having the actual gender reveal/housewarming party that was extended to other friends and family.  They moved into their house in Prairie Village the first of April and since then have done some renovations, repainted, and gotten new living room and dining room furniture.  So it's time for everyone to come see the house! 

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but Baby A is scheduled to arrive Dec 13th!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you Meyer girls are so silly:). I agree that I would have expected Sarah to cave. Good for her. I'm going with a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Is it a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete