Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughts and happenings at 32 weeks

Tuesday April 5th started off Week 32:



Recent happenings:
  • Craving peanut butter!  (and the chocolate milk craving hasn't gone away since the beginning)
  • Still feeling great, so thankful!  As of Saturday April 2nd, I could still maneuver enough to paint my toenails.  Not sure why I keep gauging how big my belly's getting by my ability to paint my toenails, but I do! 
  • Foot cramps at night - so uncomfortable!  Right in the arch of my foot.  At first I thought I must not be drinking enough water or something, but yesterday I drank close to 100 oz of water and still my feet cramped up when we were laying in bed trying to go to sleep last night.  I need to google this dilemma and see if I can't figure it out. 
  • Having an internal struggle about whether to try and deliver with or without drugs.  Part of me feels like women's bodies were made to do this, my mom delivered naturally, women for tens of thousands of years did it naturally, I should be able to do it too.  Then the other part of me feels like I'd be crazy to make it harder on myself than necessary and I wonder if I'd enjoy the experience more if I wasn't in as much pain.  Still pondering....
  • Had a much more smooth dr's appointment on Tuesday the 5th, Baby Lew's heartbeat was nice and steady.  Praise God!!!  My belly measurement was 32 cm and I'm 32 weeks, so Dr Heit said right on track.  And my weight gain is 20 lbs to date. 
  • Another childcare interview flop on Tuesday evening.  Double sigh.  The only word I can think to describe her as was obnoxious.  I figured if she came across that way in a 1-hour initial meeting, then that was probably just the tip of the iceberg.  She talked our ears off and so did her husband - about themselves, not about the daycare.  Our favorite line of the night from her was "I've only taken 2 sick days in the past few years.  And one of them was just because I didn't feel like having any kids that day."  Um....yeah....and then we tried to figure out how to wrap up the interview.
  • Cody and I attended a breastfeeding class for 2 1/2 hours last night...not sure if he's just telling me what I want to hear, but he said I didn't embarrass him by being the one to raise my hand and ask how long you have to "pump and dump" if you have a glass of wine (or two) on occasion.  Seriously, someone else in the room surely had to have been wondering - so I took one for the team and asked. (This comment makes me sound like I miss wine more than I actually do, I realize.)
  • Had some great family time last weekend as Cody and I, Dad, and Mom & Don helped Sarah & Patrick move into their new house.  (Ok - I did nothing to help.  But I kept their son/grandson/nephew nice and safe for them....does that count?!?)
  • Also this past weekend, I got to attend a fun baby shower for my good friend Julie who is due 2 weeks before me.  A couple pics from her shower:


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you took one for the team. I bet so many other people were glad you were there:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what did he say about the pump/dump situation? Glad you raised your hand... seriously, a good question! You've already given it up for 9 months... :)

    ReplyDelete