Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little People Shoes

A pic from Week 34, taken 4.20.11.  No, the weather is not super warm in KC - this particular picture happened to be taken during one of my hot flashes :)  More and more, I am just hot all the time.  Especially at work, it seem like.  At this point, it's getting more and more difficult to bend over to pick something up.  And I have been log rolling out of bed for quite some time now.  Back is getting pretty achy, but all in all, I'm still feeling great.  The baby is still moving around a ton and we're starting to get some pretty interesting lumps and bumps in my belly to ponder over which body part that might be.


Cody's brother Chad, wife Sara, and their kids Ava (5) and Gavin (3 -- in a few weeks) are here from Phoenix and staying with us.  One of my absolute favorite things to see is little people shoes by the door.  It just really warmed my heart last night when I looked down from the balcony to the front door and saw their little shoes.  Another favorite - reading them their bedtime stories.  Such a sweet time.  And I need to get some practice animating my voice - so this works out well.  Thankfully the kids don't judge when I try out a voice and it turns out sounding ridiculous :)

Had my first shower this past Monday - my coworkers threw us a shower over lunch, Cody was able to get away from work and come too.  Their generosity was overwhelming, but we are so thankful for everyone's kindness.  That night I stayed up til almost midnight just sitting in the baby's room and sorting through everything and looking and relooking and re-re-looking at everything.  I could probably piddle around in his room all day.  It's so fun to imagine him in all the cute outfits and pjs and think about this is what he'll wear when we go here, and this is what he'll wear when we go there, and this is what he'll be swaddled up in for the summer, and this one for the winter, etc, etc, etc.  And even though I can't seem to fold and put away my own clothes in a timely manner, I just love folding and organizing his. 

Lots of fun stuff this weekend.....in addition to having Chad/Sara/the kids here all weekend, my sisters-in-law are hosting a baby shower for me this weekend here in KC.  And then on Easter, we're hosting about 30 family members for brunch, having an Easter egg hunt, and then we'll have a little bday party for Gav.  And just lots of family hanging-out time in between everything.  Love it!

Dr's appt this afternoon....one more bi-weekly appt after this one and then I'll be up to the weekly appts.  It's happening so fast now! 

Quick shout out to my mom who has survived yet another tax season -- cheers to returning to the world, mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment