Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Missing the Movies

Sure, having a baby puts a bit of a cramp in our previous style.  Usually I don’t think twice about it and it has, for the most part, been a very natural transition into parenthood.  However, I think the one thing that I wish we could do easier is go to the movies.  I don’t even crave trying fun new restaurants as much as I crave being able to go to the movies with Cody.  Never realized how much I enjoyed that til it’s hard to make those nights happen! 

I have given serious consideration and brainstorming as to whether we could bring Daniel with us to a movie and I could just feed him to keep him quiet and then hopefully he'd fall asleep (it's dark in there after all), and no one would be bothered and we could get our movie fix.  In theory it should work.  So far I haven't attempted it, but I've thought about it many times. 

The other struggle we have is finding good movies to rent from home (suggestions welcome)...if we had better luck with this, maybe I wouldn't have such a strong need to go to the movies.  Wait - no, the buttered popcorn at home can't even compete with the version at the theater. 

The good news is Grandma (RA) is going to be here this Saturday night and Grandpa D is coming the following weekend.  We will be taking full advantage and are planning to see a movie both weekends, YES!!  Ides of March and Moneyball.  Anyone seen either and care to encourage or discourage this plan? 

1 comment:

  1. oh Ames, I can only imagine how big of a problem this will become for us when we have a baby! You know how the Mills love their movies :) Yay for baby-sitters two weekends in a row, hello date night with your hubby! What are you going to see?! Have fun sweetie. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete