Sunday, October 16, 2011

5th month of life

 
  • Rolling over sporatically, maybe about 4 times total in the last month....just doesn't seem like he cares to do it all that often.  He's just like, eh - i'm pretty content not working that hard :)  I totally get it, buddy.  
  • He's jabbering a lot and loves to hear his own sounds.  And he giggles a lot too, love it.  
  • He's definitely in tune to voices and is very content to just observe and take everything in.
  • He's grabbing at things more and more.  While he doesn't grasp his rattles much, he does like to grab his pacifier is constantly pulling it out of his mouth and trying to figure out how to get it back in.
  • He's been sleeping great.  9:30 p.m. to 5:30-6a.m.  Some nights he doesn't have good nights and we're up a couple times throughout the night, but for the most part he's been sleeping really well.  
  • We're almost 100% on formula now.  With work being super chaotic, my diet hasn't been great, I haven't been drinking enough water, I haven't been sleeping much, and I haven't been able to keep a regular pumping routine.  So needless to say, my milk supply is virtually gone.  Over the past couple weeks we were 50/50 on formula/my milk, but this week we'll be 100% formula. I have mixed emotions about it.  Originally I said I wanted to nurse him for a year.  Then when I came back to work and realized how difficult it was to pump at work I shortened the goal to 6 months.  So I'm a little shy of my goal, but not much I can do about it without making myself crazy.  I will definitely miss the bonding aspect of it though.  And I knew formula was expensive, but I didn't realize how fast you go through it.
Some photos from 5th month of life:

9.18.11
a much happier camper in the car seat the past couple months:

9.19.11:

9.24.11

9.26.11
We get close, but have that one arm stuck underneath and can't quite get rolled over:

10.1.11, one of my all time faves:

10.1.11, First boat ride at the Ozarks.  Did great!

10.3.11, my tired boys:

10.4.11, and again because I love the sleeping pics.  
Just so sweet and peaceful:

10.9.11:



No comments:

Post a Comment