Thursday, May 5, 2011

Best Piddler around

So, 26 days til due date.....OMG!!!  The closer it gets, the more anxious I get.  It's crunch time!!!  I am hoping that by the end of this weekend I'll feel much less anxious - I'm planning to be super productive this weekend.  This is the first weekend in awhile that we'll be home and don't have any plans, so it'll be a good opportunity to get things crossed off the list.  The list:
  • Pack hospital bag
    • I've been talking about doing this since about month 5 and it's still not done.  Cody is convinced it's going to be left up to him to do at go-time and that he'll pack all the wrong things.  So I really need to get this done to ease his mind. 
  • Make returns & purchase things we still need
  • Home Depot/Lowe's for closet organization supplies for baby's closet
  • Install car seat bases (have to get inspected at police station)
  • Find lamp for nursery
  • Get rod for window valence and some shears
  • Pick up a couple shelves for baby's walls
  • Put up crib mobile, wall art, etc.
  • Discuss insurance - evaluate whose to add baby to, should we all 3 be on one, etc.
  • Upload all the fun photos from the last couple weeks
  • Thank you's from last 2 showers (how embarrassing that these aren't done yet - especially the ones from my April 23rd shower - I'm ashamed)
There, now that I have a list, maybe I'll actually hold myself to it.  I told my mom I need her to come down and light a fire under my a$$.  Whenever she comes down to help me get stuff done, we are super productive and she keeps me focused.  This week I've spent 3 nights organizing the nursery - you'd think there'd be nothing left to do - but you'd be wrong.  My Gma Mack, God love her, was the queen of piddling - but I'm finding that I probably could've given her a run for her money in a "best piddler" contest.  I remember always thinking "what is Gma doing all day?" and now I'm wondering "How did I just keep myself busy for 3 hours and have nothing to show for it?"  (If you ask Cody, he'd say maybe it was all the facebook breaks I took.  Oopsy - he's on to me.)  It's like I'm moving things from one pile to a different pile.  Sigh. 

Anyway - I hope to report back on Sunday night that I am now ready for the baby.  Then I'll feel like can relax and take it easy the rest of May and just wait for him to make his grand arrival.

Here's a picture taken on Tuesday, May 3rd when I turned 36 weeks:



Here's to a productive next few days!!!  And here's to the baby NOT inheriting my piddling and procrastination tendancies.
 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! And you're just nesting dear, it's normal. :)

    ReplyDelete