Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some guys get it

This guy didn't get it:
I was taking the stairs at work from 1st floor to 2nd floor (nothing impressive about this - it's not like I was taking them 2 at a time or jogging up them or anything) and this guy looked at me with surprise that I'd be taking the stairs and said "Not giving up, huh?"  I was a little confused....why would I be throwing in the towel?  Do I look incapable of handling a single flight of stairs? Or was he just feeling awkward around a pregnant woman and that's the only thing he could think to say?  Should've resorted to the standard "Good morning" passing comment.  He was trying to be nice, I should cut him some slack. 

This guy also needs a clue:
I was walking down the hallway and heard someone yell "Lewis!" from behind me.  So I turned around and saw one of the guys from the Accounting dept and waited for him to catch up to me so I could say hi and chat quick.  When he caught up to me, he said "I could tell it was you from your waddle."  Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Scenario #3, finally an appropriate one:
Guy #3 and I were approaching each other from opposite ends of the hallway and as we got closer, I noticed he was smiling at me differently than you would normally smile in passing - kind of like in an "awww, that's cute" kind of way.  I assumed he was smiling like that b/c of my waddle. B/c I know him pretty well, I asked him if I was waddling.  He didn't outright confirm that I was waddling, but just said "You make it look classier than anyone."  Thank you, John.  Please give these other guys some lessons! 

1 comment: