Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sweet Little Turnip

Week 17 started yesterday and we have ourselves a 5 inch turnip-sized baby.  He/she can move their joints, and sweat glands are starting to develop.  Also the skeletal frame is hardening from cartilage to bone.  I just love marveling at everything going on in there - it just amazes me every week when I get the updates emailed to me. 

This morning I got great news from the doctor's office that our penta screening results came back just as we were hoping - negative to Downs, neural tube defects, and Trisomy 18.  Thanks be to God!!!

Last weekend we had Christmas in Maryville with Cody's family and his sisters and mom were so sweet to give us a few things for the baby....I have to say a highlight was Cody's baby bib that Rita Ann had managed to save all these years and I just love picturing our baby wearing it (even though it's embroidered with "Cody" on it!)  It was amazing to me how great of shape it's in as it's a cloth bib that I'm sure went through the washer countless times. 

This weekend we'll be in NE to celebrate Christmas and will get to spend time with both mom and dad's sides over the weekend.  I also have a super fun lunch date planned with my phi mu besties on Monday in Omaha - can't wait! 

Oh - and if you've got a spare prayer, please send one up for my Grandpa who was admitted to the hospital Monday afternoon and we're praying he'll be out in time for Christmas.  He has some fluid around his lungs as well as a painful infection in his legs and his legs were giving out on him when he tried to walk.  Makes me sad to think of him in the hospital - especially at Christmastime.

On a lighter note....2 weeks from today until we find out if we're having a boy or a girl!!  Anyone have any feelings one way or another?  It's always interesting to me to hear people who "just have a feeling" :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm leaning towards girl. I will definitely keep your Grandpa in my prayers. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this feeling it's a boy. But that might just be because everyone I know is having a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO wonderful seeing you on Monday honey! If only we could meet for lunch way more often! So cute about RA giving you Cody's bib :)
    Dying to find out if this little one is a boy or girl, I think girl still.
    Have been thinking of your grandpa & fam, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete