Monday, November 8, 2010

Dancing Babies, Fist Bumps, and First Cravings

I've been intending to write about our appointment last Monday Nov 1st - we got to see our baby!!  The original plan wasn't to do an ultrasound that early (10 week appointment), but Dr. Heit had trouble finding the heartbeat with the Doppler (ummm, really scary for a few minutes) so he sent us into the ultrasound room instead.  In retrospect, I'm so glad the little heartbeat wasn't picked up on the Doppler because we got to see our little dancing baby on the ultrasound!  It's little arms and legs were really moving, so the ultrasound tech told us it looked like the baby was having a dance party in there :)  Loved the dance reference!  Here is a picture of our little one:

In case you aren't able to tell what's going on in this picture (don't worry - my mom thought her grandbaby had two heads and Aunt Sarah couldn't find it at all) On the upper left side of the black circle is the baby's head, the two dots on either side of the head are the arms, then you can make out the body and the two dots/legs at the bottom. 

Dr. Heit came into the ultrasound room after awhile to make sure everything was ok (he must've been slightly nervous when he couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler) and when he saw the baby and the healthy heartbeat he breathed a sigh of relief and went in for a fist bump with Cody - so funny!  Cody was surprised to say the least! 

Last night I had a very unusual craving.  All of a sudden I just really wanted some chocolate milk.  This might not seem strange to anyone, but I honestly don't think I've drank (is drank the proper tense?) a glass of milk by itself since I was in elementary school.  And I've really never cared much for chocolate milk.  So this was really strange.  Luckily we had milk on hand and I also found some Nestle mix in the cupboard (who knew we had that??!), so a crisis was averted and Cody didn't have to run to the grocery store!

Over the past week and a half, I've been battling a nasty respiratory cold, but I think I've got it pretty much behind me now.  The other good news is that the nausea I'd been experiencing in weeks 6-9 has greatly lessened.  YAY!  With those two improvements, I'm planning to hit the gym tonight for the first time in, well, since about week 6 (major yikes).   

I'll try to update more often...my intent with this blog was to be much more frequent than I have been so far!  Tomorrow marks the start of week 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment