Monday, June 6, 2011

The Shuffle

This morning I did the shuffle....you know that run/walk thing that you giggle when you see people doing because they could probably just walk faster?  That was me.  But at least I was exerting a little more energy than just walking, so I'm considering it a success.  It didn't surprise me that I would have to jog that slowly given the minimal exercise I've had the last few months.  What did surprise me was that it wasn't comfortable to rely solely on the built in bra in my workout top like I've done all my life.  Yikes and ouch! (ok, to be completely honest I was slighly pleased that I had something to bounce around - ha!) 

My mom has been here since Friday and I've been able to get out for a couple walks while she stays with the baby - Cody had a big catering weekend and was working all weekend, so it's been really nice to have mom here to help watch the baby so I can get out for walks or to run errands. 

Yesterday was Cody's 31st bday, so we're going to take advantage of having Gramma J* here and are going downtown tonight for a dinner date.  The restaurant opened fairly recently in a really old, historic building and we've been wanting to get down there to try it:  http://theriegerkc.com/

*We're still working out what we're going to call mom...this is the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment